Comprehensive services for all of your hearing needs.
Our Hearing Services
At Lawson’s Hearing Center, we offer a wide range of hearing services to help you with all of your hearing and hearing aid needs. From comprehensive testing to hearing aid fittings and tinnitus management, we are here to help you. We offer many of our services free of charge. We believe everyone deserves to hear better, regardless of their budget. That’s why we offer free hearing tests and consultations, so you can experience the difference of better hearing for yourself.
Want to learn more about your hearing health? An educational consultation can provide you with more information.
We offer free video otoscopic evaluations so you can see the inside of your own ears and be involved with your hearing health! An otoscopic evaluation allows us to look inside the ear canal for any ear infections or earwax blockages.
How much of a conversation do you think you understand? Find out your potential for interpreting words correctly.
You can experience the fit and feel of hearing aids in your ears with a free premium hearing aid demonstration. This allows you to experience the difference of better hearing for yourself while in-office.
Cerumen (earwax) builds-up inside our ears and can create a blockage, causing temporary hearing loss. Using an otoscope, we can detect any earwax and help you manage it.
Are hearing aids right for you? If you are a candidate for hearing aids, we will recommend a hearing solution that is personalized for your needs, lifestyle, and budget. We will also expertly fit your new hearing aids to the unique shape of your ear.
If there is a problem with your hearing aid(s) we can evaluate them in our repair lab. Call for more details.
We provide video appointments and remote hearing aid adjustments from the convenience of your own home! Certain technologies may be required, and other conditions may apply.
Do you experience a ringing, buzzing, or humming in your ears? You may have tinnitus. We can help identify any signs of tinnitus and find the best solution for you.
Can’t come to us? We will come to you! Call for more details.
We can create custom earmolds for musicians, hunting, shooting, and for any other need. Custom earmolds are the best form of hearing protection to keep your ears safe and healthy.
We conduct regular hearing screenings at local senior centers; contact your local senior center for more information.
Repair and Maintenance
I think something is wrong with my hearing aids. What should I do?
First thing to do is to give us a call. There may be an opportunity to walk you through the issue over the phone or at the very least, direct you to the help you need. If not, we can schedule a time for you to come in with your hearing aids that is convenient for you.
General Maintenance Tips
- Follow-up appointments are crucial for maintaining your hearing health. This allows us to address any issues or concerns and make sure we are doing everything we can to help you hear at your full potential.
- Keep your hearing aids away from water. Although many models are water resistant, certain components are still susceptible to moisture damage.
- Hearing aid dryers are available for those who need them.
- Do you have pets? Keep your hearing aids stored out of their reach. Pets can chew on the hearing aids and damage them or even move them without you knowing.
- If you feel as if you aren’t hearing as well as you should be with your hearing aids, the first thing to do is to check the domes and/or filters. Replacing or cleaning them may provide a better listening experience.
57 Front Street
Binghamton, NY 13905